Saturday, September 28, 2013

Press on and fight the Blues

Okay. The real deal is... I am 3 month old in the business of TRAVEL and TOURS. At first there were lots of chill moments and time for R&R whenever I want some. Problems began when external factors like other branches and other offices fail to deliver their services. Thus, making us not meet peoples expectation of us. Late NSO's and passporting schedules began to pile up among the customers complaints. Then came ticketing issuance difficulties among others. As a newbie, I was determined to carry on with work as I need experience good and bad to make me a better manager and entrepreneur. However, deals made two weeks ago made my life way uneasy and above my control that I ALMOST wanted to quit and drop everything else. We have acquired a deal to accommodate 2 batches of government employees for a learning expedition. I didn't know protocol then and other concerns so I signed up for partnership with our main branch. I was chill when they agreed to arrange everything. My hopes were up knowing by God's grace everything will be perfect. Unfortunately, theory was not reality. Expected 2go vessel schedules were delayed. Our passengers/clients were ranting, complaining for almost everything we are offering. as a manager, I was desperate that I could not control the situation. (I prayed a lot for a miracle... and there was actually but it was slowly forgotten.) I had to join the tour for the second batch to ensure everything will be okay. It was okay but still I could not escape ticketing problems which costed us more than our budget. I have a lot to write about this experience, how much I have learned and how much I have tried to hide my tears... but I will just let the reports speak for itself. That as of now, I have no profit (yet) from that expedition. Nasayangan ko sa money that I could have gained... and sa trust that I could not retrieve. But all in all, it reminds me.... my treasure is not in silver or gold. But in JESUS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment