Wednesday, January 12, 2011

money management

Last year, I took responsibility of booking some of my friends to and fro Manila using my credit card with the promise that they pay me later on. Yes, most of them paid real quick, unfortunately, I had not kept their payments nor recorded them. I just checked their names away and put paid beside it. When Christmas break came, I had to report to my mom these money matters. With no accounting skills (I say skill because it can be learned through practice--my brother says so), I began to be weary and asked myself  "Where has the money gone?".

So there I go- humiliated (for a while only though). With the help of some scattered notes from everywhere (notebook, phone, Ipod, papers, post-its) I was able to account everything. The lesson?

  • Record all the money you receive. Include date, amount, and description. Keep it in one notebook.
  • Keep receipts if possible. You never know when you might need it. 
  • Make sure to pay debts.
  • Read about money matters like credit card and savings interests, investments, etc. 
Also, I may have to start a travel agency of my own soon but I still have to study it though. Be blessed!

                                                                                                                                    Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment