Wednesday, December 16, 2015

virgin?

its almost midnight yet i am still blogging away using my iphone... guess where am I at? at my fiancé's house sleeping next to his sister. Today we have been busy with seminars and coordinator meeting. During the counseling/seminar we were asked who were virgins as part of the routine. Well I did not casually raised my hand bec I was a bit shy to be so vulgar about virginity. Two of us girls where identified... (i was wondering why no man raised a hand). Who am i to judge really? Technically I may be a virgin, but in this (wicked) world who can remain pure? I do not absent myself to sex induced media---movies, books, and anything on the internet... that leads to compromises. I've been there with my eyes wide open. My heart sank, and truthfully I am convicted. God sees, and there is no denying that I am not an inch nearer to His standard. I wanted to cry, but we were in a public place.

Later in the afternoon, God spoke to me about the wise and foolish virgins of the bible. It's surprising that all of them were virgins compared to todays count when it does not really matter if you marry being one or not. well, the world has indeed changed. But God's standard doesnt. in matthew 25, we can read that although they were all virgins, but not all of them were welcomed by the bridegroom. Only those who were ready, with lighted lamps and a supply of oil are able to enter. meaning to say, God is desiring not just a pure bride in all of us, but a wise bride. A Bride who has a Fully submitted lifestyle, who doesn't put off work. not crooked, ready in whatever season, does not easily falter and of course ready to meet and please the Bridegroom.

I hope i can be that bride. One day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment